Potato and Cheese Gratin
|Potatoes||1 Kilogram, slice|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Double cream||600 Milliliter|
|Cheddar cheese||150 Gram, grated|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 Fan)
2. Peel and cut the garlic clove in half, rub it all over the surface of your oven-proof dish.
3. Peel and slice the potatoes, pat them dry with kitchen towels remove as much of the excess moisture as possible.
4. Arrange the bottom layer with the potato slices; cover the bottom of the dish.
5. Add some seasoning, pinch of salt, black pepper and a pinch of grated nutmeg.
6. Repeat the layering process with the rest of the potatoes and keep adding the salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
7. Pour the double cream over the potatoes and then put the dish into the preheated oven for around 60 minutes.
8. When the potatoes are cooked you can sprinkle your grated cheese on the top and return back into the oven for approximately 10 minutes until it is nice and golden on top.
10. Serve the Potato and Cheese Gratin hot as a side dish.
It is not important how the bottom layer of the potatoes look, but reserve the better potato slices for the top layer for good presentation.
Calories 700 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.9%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.3 mg8.8%
Sodium 218.8 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 11 g22.3%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 55.2%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet