Luci Lock of Mercola.com demonstrates a quick and easy white sauce recipe that every cook should know.
1 Ounce, melt
1 1⁄4 Tablespoon
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Himalayan sea salt
1. In a pan, melt the butter.
2. Add in the flour and stir so that no lumps are formed.
3. When the mixture is heated, gradually pour in about 1/2 a cup of milk whisking constantly.
4. Gradually add in the remaining milk and simmer for about a minute or two, stirring constantly.
5. Once the sauce starts thickening, add in the Himalayan sea salt and mix.
6. Use this basic sauce with your favorite meat or vegetables.
TIPS: Add some dill and use it as a sauce for your fish or add some garlic and peppercorns and use it as a sauce for your chicken.