|Shrimp||1 Pound, cooked, shelled|
|Shallot||1 , minced|
|Celery||1 Tablespoon, finely minced|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. If using medium to large shrimp then cut them into smaller pieces. If using canned or cocktail shrimp you can leave them whole.
2. In soup pan, saute in butter the celery and shallots for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock, sherry and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Beat egg yolks with cream and paprika. Add 1/2 cup of stock to cream and mix well. Slowly pour cream into soup pan stirring constantly until thickened. Reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Remove about 1/2 cup of the broth and place in blender with about 1/8 of the shrimp. Blend until smooth.
5. Return it to soup pan and stir. Add remainder of shrimp and the chives. Add salt & pepper, to taste. Heat through (approx. 5 minutes) and serve.
Calories 643 Calories from Fat 478
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.4%
Saturated Fat 31.6 g157.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 531.7 mg177.2%
Sodium 434.4 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 30 g59.7%
Vitamin A 57.3% Vitamin C 13.5%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet