|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frankfurters||2 , chopped|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
1. Wash and peel potatoes, then quarter them.
2. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F.
3. Boil potatoes about 20 minutes or until tender, in boiling water with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drain them, mash thoroughly or put through a ricer. Add rest of salt, hot milk, butter or margarine. Whip until smooth.
4. Stir in chopped frankfurters and well-beaten egg yolks. Whip egg whites until stiff, and fold into potato mixture.
5. Rub a 1- to 1 1/2-quart casserole with margarine. Turn the potato and egg mixture into this dish. Set it in a shallow pan, half filled with hot water. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until souffle is puffy and browned on top.