Can't Fail Hot Choc Souffles
|Ground almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark chocolate bar||150 Gram (You Can Use Green & Black'S)|
|Strong black coffee/Tia maria / frangelico||4 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Dark chocolate||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Double cream||142 Milliliter|
|Strong black coffee/Tia maria / frangelico||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla icecream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Good Quality, For Serving)|
1. Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Generously butter 6 x 200ml ramekin dishes, then dust both the base and sides with the ground almonds.
2. Break up the chocolate into a large heatproof bowl, then pour over the coffee or liqueur. Melt the chocolate in the microwave on Medium for 2-2 1/2 mins or over a pan of simmering water. Stir to make a smooth glossy sauce, then leave to cool slightly.
3. Stir the flour, half the sugar and the egg yolks into the melted chocolate. Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff and stand in soft peaks, sprinkling in the remaining sugar, whisking as you go until the meringue is thick and glossy. Fold the meringue into the chocolate mixture in 4 batches, cutting through the mixture as you stir to save as much precious air as possible.
4. Divide the mixture between the ramekins. (At this stage the uncooked souffles can be covered lightly with a sheet of foil and left on the worktop for up to an hour until you are ready to bake them.)
5. Bake the souffles for 15-20 mins until they are puffed up and the crust feels firm. If the top feels a bit wobbly when gently pressed, put them back into the oven for a further 5 mins.
6. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Break up the chocolate. Heat the cream to simmering point, then remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate, stirring until sauce is smooth and glossy. Stir in the coffee or liqueur.
7. To serve, each diner splits the top of their souffle and adds a small scoop of ice cream, followed by a drizzle of sauce.