Classic French Doughnuts
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Set a deep fat kettle on a warm, not hot, part of the range. Fill it half full of fat. Let it slowly heat to 365° F. or hot enough to brown a 1-inch cube of bread in 60 seconds.
2. Sift together the flour and baking powder.
3. Combine the egg, sugar, salt, milk and cooled melted butter or margarine and beat well. Stir the mixture into the flour and mix thoroughly.
4. Force the mixture through a pastry bag and tube, using the small lady finger tube, and drop the mixture into the hot fat. Fry 2 or 3 minutes, until delicately brown.
5. Remove from the fat and drain on thick paper towels. While still warm, spread with a boiled or uncooked frosting