Cheese Souffle With Egg White
|Plain flour||50 Gram|
|Dry mustard powder||5 Milliliter|
|Egg powder||45 Milliliter, dried|
|Cheddar cheese||100 Gram, grated|
|Egg white||30 Milliliter, dried|
1. Butter a 1.15 litre/2 pt/5 cup souffle dish.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and blend in the milk, return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper, salt and the mustard.
3. Blend the dried egg with the 45 ml/3 tbls of water to a smooth paste, add to the sauce with the cheese and mix well.
4. Blend the dried egg white with 30 ml/2 tbls of the water until smooth. Blend in the remaining water and whisk until very stiff. Fold a spoonful into the cheese sauce, then fold the cheese mixture into the whisked egg white, lightly but thoroughly.
5. Turn into the prepared souffle dish and cook in the centre of a moderately hot oven at 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5 for 35 to 40 minutes until well risen and golden brown. The souffle should be firm on the outside but fairly soft inside. Serve at once.