Beef Bourguignon Chef Billy Parisi Style
|Stew meat||2 Pound, lean|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , dice|
|Celery stalk||1 , dice|
|Carrot||1 , dice|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, mash|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Cotes du rhone/Burgundy wine||1 Bottle (1 l)|
|Beef stock||32 Ounce|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||8|
|Bacon strips||8 , thinly sliced|
|Baby carrots||8 , slice|
|Cipolline onions||8 , peeled, cut into very small pieces|
|Oyster mushrooms||2 Ounce|
|Shittake mushrooms||2 Ounce|
|Cremini mushrooms||2 Ounce|
|Fingerling potatoes||10 Medium, halved|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large pot add the diced onions, celery, carrots and garlic along with a tablespoon of olive oil and brown.
3. Once done, add in wine, beef stock and let it reduce a little.
4. Once reduced, add in fresh thyme, bay leaf and cook down.
5. In another large pan add bacon and render bacon fat. Once the bacon is cooked set aside the lardons reserving the bacon fat.
6. Next, season the beef stew meat on all sides with salt and pepper.
7. In the bacon pan, brown all sides of the beef. Once the beef is brown, add it to the stock pot.
8. Pop into the oven on 375° for 60 to 90 minutes.
9. 30 minutes before the beef is cooked, place 4 separate saute pans with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in each.
10. Place the baby carrots in one pan, the mushrooms in one pan, the cippolini onions in one pan, the potatoes in one pan and caramelize. Season as required with salt and pepper.
11. Combine all the vegetables in one pan and add the bacon lardons and toss.
12. Remove beef from the oven, set aside and strain the wine mixture into a new pot.
13. Place the beef back into the pot along with the caramelized baby carrots, cippolini onions, mushrooms, potatoes for 10-15 minutes on medium-high heat.
14. To plate add a few of each ingredients to a plate with some of the wine sauce and garnish with fresh thyme leaves. Serve with slices of French baguette.