In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Chocolate Lover's Mousse. This mousse has a rich chocolate flavor and looks gorgeous. It is quite simple to make and is very elegant, particularly during the holiday season.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cold whipping cream
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), divided
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
For the topping and garnish
Whipped cream topping
Fresh mint leaves
1. In a double boiler melt semi-sweet chocolate with butter, once the chocolate has melted remove from heat.
2. Whisk whipping cream and form a smooth glossy dark chocolate cream.
3. Once done allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl whip cold whipping cream until frothy using electric mixture, add sugar and using an whisk until soft peaks are formed.
5. Place ¼ of the sweetened whipped cream into the chocolate cream, mix until combined.
6. Transfer the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream bowl and gently fold until combined.
7. Spoon the chocolate mousse into 8 dessert dishes, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-48 hours before serving.
8. When serving put a dollop of whipped cream, garnish with maraschino cherry and fresh mint.
9. Serve after a hearty meal.
Things You Will Need
8 serving bowl or dish