1) Season the steak with crushed pepper corn and salt. Push the crushed pepper corns into the steak.
2) Sprinkle fennel seeds all over the meat.
3) Place a skillet on high heat. Add little bit of olive oil to the skillet and heat up.
4) Place the steak in hot oil to sear on both sides. Sear each side for 2-4 minutes.
5) Transfer the steak on cutting board and place aside.
6) In the same skillet add the cognac. Slide the skillet to get it flamed.
7) Pour in cream and cook to desired thickness. Also, season with salt.
8) Slice the steak in half and arrange over the serving plate.
9) Garnish with scallions and pour the cream sauce right on top. Serve this with a choice of Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon wine.