Creamy Salmon Souffle
|Salmon steak||21 Ounce (600 Gram)|
|Double cream||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (10 Gram)|
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C (275°F; gas mark 1).
2. Grill the salmon steak for 10 minutes on each side. Remove the bones and flake the flesh. Season and put aside in a bowl.
3. Beat 2 egg whites until stiff, and fold into the salmon a little at a time, using a spatula. Work gently until the mixture is smooth. Beat the remaining 4 egg whites until stiff. Whip the cream lightly.
4. Gently stir the cream into the salmon mixture, then fold in the remaining egg whites as lightly as possible.
5. Butter a souffle dish or mould, and pour the salmon mixture into the dish. Bake at 140°C for 15 minutes. Then turn the heat up to 200°C (400°F; gas mark 6) and cook for a further 10 minutes. Serve at once.