Creamy Salmon Souffle
|Salmon steak||21 Ounce (600 Gram)|
|Double cream||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (10 Gram)|
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C (275°F; gas mark 1).
2. Grill the salmon steak for 10 minutes on each side. Remove the bones and flake the flesh. Season and put aside in a bowl.
3. Beat 2 egg whites until stiff, and fold into the salmon a little at a time, using a spatula. Work gently until the mixture is smooth. Beat the remaining 4 egg whites until stiff. Whip the cream lightly.
4. Gently stir the cream into the salmon mixture, then fold in the remaining egg whites as lightly as possible.
5. Butter a souffle dish or mould, and pour the salmon mixture into the dish. Bake at 140°C for 15 minutes. Then turn the heat up to 200°C (400°F; gas mark 6) and cook for a further 10 minutes. Serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1843 Calories from Fat 1230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.6%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 340 mg113.3%
Sodium 1085.6 mg45.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.13%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 141 g281.8%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.3% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet