|Instant espresso||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||6 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Butter and flour 2 1/2-pint souffle mold. Chill until ready to use.
2. Combine espresso with hot water and stir until it is dissolved. Set aside.
3. Melt the chocolate on top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir in the cream and coffee.
4. In a small bowl beat the egg yolks and flour. Stir this into the chocolate.
5. In another bowl beat the egg whites with cream of tartar to a soft peak. Sprinkle in the sugar, a little at a time, and beat to a stiff peak.
6. Stir a quarter of the whites into the chocolate mixture, then fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining egg whites, a little at a time. Pour this into the prepared souffle mold.
7. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the edge of the souffle comes out clean. Serve hot with powdered sugar.