Mini Mille Feuille
|Rough puff pastry||1 Pound (450 Gram, Or Puff Pastry)|
|Superfine caster sugar||2 1⁄2 Ounce (65 Gram, 1/3 Cup)|
|All purpose flour||45 Milliliter (Plain, 3 Tablespoon)|
|Milk||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter, 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Kirsch/Cherry liqueur||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Raspberries||1 Pound (450 Gram, 2 2/3 Cups)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (Confectioner'S, For Dusting)|
1. Lightly butter two large baking sheets and sprinkle them with just a little very cold water. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to a thickness of 3mm/1/8in.
2. Using a 10cm/4in plain pastry cutter or a plate as a guide, cut out 12 rounds from the pastry. Lift the rounds on to the baking sheets and prick each a few times with a fork. Chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas 6.
3. Bake the pastry rounds for 15-20 minutes until golden, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
4. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar for 2 minutes until light and creamy, then whisk in the flour until just blended. Bring the milk to the boil over a medium heat and pour it over the egg mixture, whisking to blend. Return to the pan, bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the Kirsch or liqueur. Pour into a bowl and press a piece of clear film (plastic wrap) on to the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Set aside.
6. To assemble, carefully split the pastry rounds in half. Spread each round with a little pastry cream. Arrange a layer of raspberries over the cream and top with a second pastry round.
7. Spread with a little more cream and a few more raspberries. Top with a third pastry round and dust with icing sugar.