Ratatouille Using Tomato Alfredo Sauce
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Eggplant||1 , peeled, cubed|
|Zucchini||1 , cubed|
|Yellow squash||1 , cubed|
|Green bell pepper||1 , sliced|
|Dry red wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Classico tomato alfredo sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cube vegetables into bite sized pieces.
2. In a large deep skillet, saute onions in butter on medium/high heat until tender (about 2 minutes). Add olive oil and garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
3. Add cubed vegetables and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add wine, pasta sauce and bay leaf. Stir. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes or until eggplant is cooked through well. Stir occasionally, adding water, if needed.
5. Remove bay leaf. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1158 Calories from Fat 582
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.9%
Saturated Fat 30.4 g152.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.5 mg48.8%
Sodium 955.8 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36%
Dietary Fiber 31.9 g127.5%
Sugars 53.2 g
Protein 43 g86.4%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 286.5%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet