|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 , peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and thinly sliced|
|Courgettes||2 , trimmed and cut into thick slices|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||400 Gram|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Canned mackerel||40 Ounce (4 Cans, 275 Grams/ 10 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil spray||1|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
|Fresh basil leaves||12|
|Couscous mixed with parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (To Serve)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5. Cut the top off the red pepper, remove the seeds and membrane, then cut into chunks. Cut the red onion into thick wedges.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until beginning to soften.
3. Add the pepper chunks and courgettes slices and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the chopped tomatoes with their juice and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour into an ovenproof dish.
5. Season the fish with salt and pepper and arrange on top of the vegetables. Spray with a little olive oil and lemon juice. Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the cover, add the basil leaves and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Serve immediately with couscous or rice mixed with parsley.