Blanquette of Veal
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boneless veal leg||2 Pound, cut in 1 inch cubes|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced onion rings||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||21 Ounce (2 Cans, 10.5 Ounce Each)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat butter in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Cook veal cubes in hot fat, stirring lightly, until golden brown on all sides.
3. Add carrots, onion rings, salt, thyme and bay leaf. Stir in chicken soup and light cream.
4. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Lower heat and simmer 45 to 60 minutes or until veal is tender.
5. Remove from heat and beat in egg yolks and lemon juice. Heat, but do not boil.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2720 Calories from Fat 1451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 164 g252.3%
Saturated Fat 92 g459.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1500.8 mg500.3%
Sodium 4845.7 mg201.9%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 214 g428.6%
Vitamin A 644.5% Vitamin C 56.7%
Calcium 41.8% Iron 58.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet