Blanquette of Veal
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boneless veal leg||2 Pound, cut in 1 inch cubes|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced onion rings||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||21 Ounce (2 Cans, 10.5 Ounce Each)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat butter in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Cook veal cubes in hot fat, stirring lightly, until golden brown on all sides.
3. Add carrots, onion rings, salt, thyme and bay leaf. Stir in chicken soup and light cream.
4. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Lower heat and simmer 45 to 60 minutes or until veal is tender.
5. Remove from heat and beat in egg yolks and lemon juice. Heat, but do not boil.