French Toast Dolls
|Whole wheat bread slices/White bread slices||6|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar/Currant jelly||1 Ounce|
1. With cookie cutter, cut bread into doll or other shapes. (Use trimmings later, for bread pudding.)
2. In a medium bowl, with rotary beater, beat the eggs with the milk and salt just until well combined, but not frothy.
3. Dip bread cutouts into egg mixture, coating both sides; shake off any excess.
4. In hot butter in large skillet, saute the bread cutouts about 3 minutes on each side, or until crisp and golden.
5.. Drain toast well on paper towels.
6. Serve, lightly sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, with currant jelly or jam, or maple syrup.
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.1 mg27.7%
Sodium 263.3 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet