Smoked Mackerel Pate
|Smoked mackerel fillets||8 Ounce, skin and bones removed (225 Grams)|
|Margarine||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon (Of 1/2 Orange)|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Canned pimento||3 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can Or 113 Grams)|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Pint (280 Milliliter, Clear Stock)|
|Powdered gelatin||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1. Put the mackerel, margarine, orange juice, tomato puree, vinegar and seasonings into a liquidiser or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Put the pate into a serving dish and smooth the top evenly. Cut the pimentos into thin strips and arrange in a lattice over the top of the pate.
3. Bring the stock to the boil in a small pan. Remove from the heat and cool for 1 minute.
4. Sprinkle over the gelatine and allow to stand, stirring occasionally until it has completely dissolved. When the liquid is clear, stir in the sherry and cold water.
5. Very carefully spoon the aspic over the top of the mackerel pate and the pimentos, taking great care not to dislodge the lattice pattern. Chill until the aspic has completely set.