|Canned coconut cream||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Rounded, 1 1/2 Sachets)|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened desiccated coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (90 Gram)|
1. Put the coconut cream into a pan and gently bring almost to simmering point. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Put the egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl that will fit over a pan of water. Whisk together until thick and pale, then stir in the warmed coconut cream until thoroughly mixed in.
3. Set the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and cook, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes until the mixture is smooth and slightly thickened. Remove the bowl from the heat.
4. Sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a heatproof bowl. Leave to soak for 5 minutes until spongy, then stand the bowl in the pan of gently simmering water for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the gelatine has dissolved.
5. Whisk the gelatine into the coconut cream mixture, together with the lime zest and 75 g/3 oz of the desiccated coconut. Allow the mixture to cool for about 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, secure a paper collar around an 850 ml/1 1/2 pint souffle dish.
7. In a spotlessly clean, dry bowl, whisk the egg whites until they stand in stiff peaks, then fold into the cooled coconut cream mixture. Transfer to the prepared souffle dish and refrigerate for at least 3 hours until set.
8. Meanwhile, brown the remaining desiccated coconut: put the coconut on a foil-covered grill rack and toast under a fairly hot grill for 2 minutes, turning constantly, until evenly browned.
9. Carefully remove the paper collar from the souffle, then, using a palette knife, press the toasted coconut on to the sides. Decorate the top with lime slices.
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g100.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 105.3 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 46.4 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet