1. In a saucepan, pour the heavy cream, add milk, heat on medium low heat, until it comes to a boil.
2. In a mixing bowl, place egg yolks, pour about 1 1/2 cups of the cream mixure to the egg yolks very gradually, whisk as the cream goes in.
3. Pour the egg-cream mixture back into the saucepan.
4. Whisk constantly over medium low heat, until thickened, for about 7 to 10 minutes, after 3-4 minutes add vanilla extract.
5. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Transfer to an ice-cream maker, whip for 30 minutes or according to the machine instructions.
6. Transfer the in an air-tight container and place in the freezer, till ready to serve.
7 Serve in dessert glasses topped with your choice of fruit.
How about a delicious creamy frozen dessert after a barbeque party during summers? Chef Scott is sharing his French Vanilla Ice Cream which his friends liked a lot. He is using a lot of heavy cream and fatty egg yolks, so this is not going to be a low fat dessert, however it is extremely delicious and ideal to treat guests. He is giving all important tips to make sure the ice cream comes out creamy and delicious. So, don’t miss out on the important tips.