Liqueur Strawberry Souffle
|Grand marnier||2 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||8 Ounce, sliced (250 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1/3 Cup, 75 Gram)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1/3 Cup, 45 Gram)|
|Milk||10 Fluid Ounce, scalded (1 1/4 Cup /315 Milliliter)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place Amaretto, Grand Marnier and strawberries in a bowl and toss to combine. Set aside to macerate for 30 minutes.
2. Place egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat until thick and creamy then fold in flour. Combine milk and vanilla essence and whisk into egg mixture. Transfer to a saucepan and heat gently, stirring constantly, until custard boils and thickens. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Place egg whites in a bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold quickly and lightly into custard, using a metal spoon.
4. Place half the strawberries in the base of a well-greased 20 cm/8 in souffle dish and pour over half the mixture. Repeat with remaining fruit and mixture.
5. Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 25-30 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1170 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 769.9 mg256.6%
Sodium 391.2 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 119.5 g
Protein 41 g81.6%
Vitamin A 23.9% Vitamin C 222.3%
Calcium 46.5% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet