Smoked Salmon Souffles
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, grated (45 Gram)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup Or 125 Milliliter)|
|Cream||2 Fluid Ounce (1/4 Cup / 60 Milliliter)|
|Chopped dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Ounce, grated (60 Gram)|
|Smoked salmon||2 Ounce, shredded (60 Gram)|
1. Grease two 1 cup / 250 ml / 8 fl oz capacity ramekins and sprinkle base and sides with 30 g / 1 oz Parmesan cheese.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and gradually whisk in milk and cream.
3. Return pan to heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Add dill, egg yolks, Gruyere cheese, remaining Parmesan cheese and salmon to sauce and mix to combine.
5. Place egg whites in a bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg white mixture into salmon mixture. Pour souffle mixture into ramekins and bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 20-25 minutes or until souffles are puffed and golden. Serve immediately.