French Beans With Potatoes And Roasted Sesame Seeds
|Onions||2 , diced|
|Onion seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||3 , cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|French beans||4 Ounce, cut into short lengths (125 Gram)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Fresh red chilies||2 , sliced|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. First make the spice paste. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the sesame seeds, place the remainder in a spice grinder and grind to a fine paste. Put the powdered sesame into a bowl and blend to a paste with the ground coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, salt and lemon juice. Set aside.
2. Dry roast the reserved sesame seeds until they jump vigourously. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a haandi, add the onions, onion seeds and curry leaves and fry until the onions are soft golden brown.
4. Pour in the spice paste, lower the heat and fry for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the potatoes and beans and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Pour in the water, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then stir in the red chillies. Serve garnished with the reserved roasted sesame seeds.