Ratatouille And Fontina Strudel
|Aubergine||1 Small, diced (Eggplant)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Red bell pepper||1 , cored and sliced|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , cored and sliced|
|Courgettes||2 , cut in to small chunks (Zucchini)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 1⁄4 Pinch|
|Pine nuts||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Raisins||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Filo pastry sheet||8 , thawed if frozen (Each Measuring 12 X 7 Inch)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, melted (50 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
|Diced fontina cheese||4 1⁄2 Ounce (130 Gram, 1 Cup)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dressed mixed salad||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Serve)|
1. Layer all the diced aubergine in a colander, sprinkling each layer with salt. Drain over the sink for 20 minutes, then rinse well and pat dry.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy frying pan, add the onion, garlic, peppers and aubergine and gently fry over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until soft and golden.
3. Add the courgettes, herbs and salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Cool to room temperature, then stir in the pine nuts and raisins.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Brush two sheets of filo pastry with a little of the melted butter. Lay the filo sheets side by side, overlapping them slightly by about 5cm/2in, to make a large rectangle.
5. Cover with the remaining filo sheets, brushing each layer with melted butter. Spoon the vegetable mixture down one long side of the filo.
6. Sprinkle the cheese on top, then roll up and transfer to a non-stick baking sheet, curling the roll round in a circle. Brush with the remaining butter. Bake for 30 minutes, cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve with mixed salad.