|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (well trimmed)|
1. Place butter and oil in fondue pan. Place over medium heat and heat to 375°F.
2. Place fondue pan on stand over canned heat flame. Keep oil sizzling hot during cooking time.
3. On the table place bowls of as many differ ent dunking sauces as desired.
4. Serve each person a plate containing raw chunks of beef. Give each person 2 forks, one two-pronged fondue fork and one regular fork. Pierce a chunk of meat with the fondue fork. Hold meat in the hot oil and brown according to taste; rare, medium, or well done will take from 10 to 30 seconds.
5. Transfer meat to regular fork, dip cooked meat into a sauce of choice and eat. Meanwhile, spear another cube of meat with fondue fork and place in hot oil.