|Water||20 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (2 1/2 Cups Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Flour cornmeal||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
1. Mix 2 1/2 cups warm water (105-115°F) and yeast in mixing bowl until dissolved.
2. Add melted margarine. Stir in 4-5 cups of flour with a spoon.
3. Work in remaining flour until well blended, using hands if necessary. Dough will be sticky.
4. Turn onto lightly floured board and knead 8-10 minutes.
5. Place dough in an oiled bowl, turning once to coat surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double, about 1 hour.
6. Divide dough in half. Place one half on a lightly floured board and roll into a rectangle about 10 X 15 inches. Roll up like a jelly roll and tuck in ends.
7. Sprinkle a small amount of cornmeal on an oiled baking sheet.
8. Place roll on sheet, seam side down, and let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
9. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes.
10. Remove and brush with mixture of egg white and 1 tablespoon water.
11. Bake 10 more minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6264 Calories from Fat 638
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.8%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 643.6 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1298 g432.5%
Dietary Fiber 125.6 g502.5%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 145 g290%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 335.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet