Betty's Faux French Chocolate Beignets
|Canned refrigerated flaky biscuits||6 (as needed)|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)|
|Peanut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Remove refrigerated biscuits from their can and individually, stretch each into a circle of dough.
2. Place a few chocolate chips on the dough. Fold the dough in half, enclosing the chocolate chips. Use your fingers to pinch the edges together as shown in the video. Make sure there are no holes in the dough or gaps in the edges.
3. In a heavy pot, heat about 1 inch of peanut oil to 350 degree F.
4. Carefully place a chocolate-filled crescent into the hot oil. The dough of the crescent should sizzle. Let it roll over in the oil to brown the other side.
5. When brown on both sides, remove from oil, and place on paper towel to drain.
6. Quickly roll the beignet in a container of confectioner's sugar to coat all over.
7. Serve warm or cold.
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 415 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet