French Peach Tart
|Plain pastry/1/2 package piecrust mix||1|
|Vanilla instant pudding mix||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cling peach slices||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Prepare Plain Pastry 1, or use piecrust mix. Roll out to a 12-inch round on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board; fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch; turn under, flush with rim; flute to make a stand-up edge. Prick shell all over with a fork.
2. Bake in hot oven (425°) 12 minutes, or until golden; cool completely on a wire rack.
3. Combine pudding mix with milk, sour cream and almond extract in a medium-size bowl; prepare, pour into cooled crust. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes, or until the filling is set.
4. Drain syrup from the peaches into a 2-cup measure. Cut any thick peach slices in half lengthwise, then arrange all, slightly overlapping, on top of pudding.
5. Blend 3/4 cup of the peach syrup slowly into cornstarch in a small saucepan. (Save any of the remaining syrup to sweeten a fruit beverage.) Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles 1 minute; stir in lemon juice. Cool slightly, then spoon over peaches to glaze; chill. Just before serving, garnish tart with coconut.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1499 Calories from Fat 709
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.4%
Saturated Fat 45 g224.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.5 mg46.8%
Sodium 1771.1 mg73.8%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g60.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.6%
Sugars 147.9 g
Protein 20 g40.2%
Vitamin A 49.3% Vitamin C 46.6%
Calcium 54.1% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet