Avocado Souffle With Fondue Sauce
|Ripe avocado||1 Large|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||2 Drop (Few Drops Required)|
|Minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For fondue sauce|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Shredded process swiss cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
1.. Make the souffle: Separate eggs, putting whites into a medium-size bowl, yolks into large bowl.
2. Peel, pit and mash avocado by pressing through a sieve into a small bowl with a wooden spoon.
3. Melt butter or margarine in medium-size saucepan; blend in flour, salt, liquid red-pepper seasoning and onion; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly; stir in milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and bubbles 1 minute; remove from heat. Blend in avocado; cool.
4. Beat egg whites just until they form soft peaks in a large bowl.
5. Beat egg yolks well; slowly stir in cooled avocado mixture; lightly fold in the beaten whites until no streaks of sauce or egg white remain; pour into 8-cup souffle dish or straight-side baking dish.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 45 minutes, or until puffy-firm and golden on top.