Beef Balls Burgundy
|Ground round/Chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White onions||1 Pound, peeled|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, trimmed|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Condensed beef broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, pared and sliced|
1. Combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, 1 teaspoon of the salt and garlic salt in a large bowl, then mix lightly until well blended. Shape into 24 balls.
2. Melt butter or margarine in a kettle or Dutch oven; add onions and mushrooms; sprinkle with the sugar. Brown quickly; remove with a slotted spoon to a shallow pan.
3. Add meatballs to drippings in kettle; brown. Remove meatballs and combine with the onions and mushrooms.
4. Blend flour and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt into drippings in kettle; stir in beef broth until smooth, then the wine and carrot. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Return meatballs, onions and mushrooms; add bay leaf; cover. Simmer 35 minutes; remove bay leaf.
5. Spoon mixture into a heated serving dish, then sprinkle with chopped parsley, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2816 Calories from Fat 1329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g228.7%
Saturated Fat 68.4 g341.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 733.9 mg244.6%
Sodium 6887.6 mg287%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.5%
Sugars 44.5 g
Protein 175 g350.4%
Vitamin A 233.7% Vitamin C 78.6%
Calcium 30.9% Iron 45.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet