French Onion Scallop
|Onions||6 Large, sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Processed swiss cheese slices||8 Ounce, cut into pieces (1 Package)|
1. Cook sliced onions in boiling water to cover in large saucepan for 10 to 12 minutes, or just until tender but still firm; drain well. Arrange in a buttered, shallow, 6-cup baking dish.
2. While onions cook, melt butter or margarine in medium-size saucepan. Blend in flour, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly just until bubbly; slowly stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes. Stir in cheese, keeping over low heat until melted.
4. Pour over onions; stir to mix; arrange bread cubes around edge.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes, or until bread is golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2251 Calories from Fat 1062
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.4%
Saturated Fat 80.7 g403.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 378.8 mg126.3%
Sodium 4551.2 mg189.6%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.5%
Dietary Fiber 32.7 g130.9%
Sugars 103.8 g
Protein 96 g191.2%
Vitamin A 38.2% Vitamin C 232%
Calcium 309.2% Iron 32.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet