Meat Casserole With Veloute Sauce
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Lean meat||500 Gram (Preferably Lamb)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Red wine||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sweet peppers||2 , halved and deseeded (Or Capsicum)|
|Ripe tomatoes||6 , blanched and chopped|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Veloute sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
1. Cut meat in 1" (2 1/2 cms.) cubes. Wash and drain. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, flour, lemon juice and wine. Leave aside for 2 hours.
2. Melt margarine, fry garlic, onion and add meat cubes. Fry until brown.
3. Add remaining wine mixture mixed with 1 cup water. Stir well. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat.
4. Stir in tomatoes, capsicums, chilli powder, garam masala, cheese and mix well.
5. Pour sauce veloute into a casserole and arrange meat mixture on top.
6. Cover with egg and grated cheese mixture. If you â€¢desire you may sprinkle chopped green chillies on top.
7. Cover and bake in a preheated moderate oven (180Â°C-350Â°F-gas mark-4) for 40 minutes. Remove the lid for last 5 minutes.
Vegetarian Meat Casserole with Veloute Sauce
1. Use 300 gms. soya nuggets instead of meat. Cook, wash well, drain and proceed as instructed from stage 1-7.
2. Omit egg. Use 3-4 tablespoons milk. Mix with grated cheese instead for topping.