Nothing beats a bowl of traditional French Onion Soup on a cold Autumn day. Get cosy with this very simple, cost effective and most importantly delicious recipe.
For the soup
Red wine/White wine
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Tablespoon, grated
1 Clove (5 gm)
1. In a saucepan, heat butter and add onions. Turn down the heat and simmer unitl it becomes dark brown.
2. Add flour, wine, beef stock, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. For making the croutons - slice bread and rub garlic all over them.
5. Sprinkle olive oil and pop it into the oven for 10 minutes.
6. In a bowl, pour soup and top it with croutons and gruyere cheese.
7. Place the bowl in the oven until the cheese melts.
8. Top with a crouton piece and serve it hot.
Soup lovers will enjoy this French onion soup. This soup will be definitely enjoyed in the winter. The chef has made bread croutons in the video to be complimented with the soup. A delicious soup to serve your family.