Traditional Quiche Lorraine
|Short crust pastry||1 (1 Recipe)|
|Bacon rashers||2 , rind removed|
|Onion||1 Large, finely sliced|
|Grated cheese||100 Gram|
|Single cream||250 Milliliter|
|Softened butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Make short crust pastry as instructed in a 7" diameter plain flour ring or baking dish and leave it to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl, stir in cheese, cream, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Melt butter, fry bacon and onion until they begin to turn brown.
4. Spread the bacon and onion over the base of the â€¢ uncooked flan.
5. Pour in the egg and cream mixture.
6. Bake in a preheated moderate oven (1 80Â°C-350Â°F-gas mark-4) for 20 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch.
7. Serve immediately while still puffed up.
8. Can also be served cold.
9. If you want your Quiche Lorraine hot then add one teaspoon chilli powder to the beaten eggs.