Chicken Cordon Bleu With Turkey And Ham
|Chicken cutlets||6 Ounce (2 thin, 3 ounce each)|
|Turkey ham slices/Reduced fat swiss cheese||2 (2 slices, 1/2 ounce each)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Tablespoon, divided (1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons)|
|Plain dried bread crumbs||18 Teaspoon (1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned ready-to-serve low-sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375Â°F. Top each chicken cutlet with 1 slice turkey-ham and 1 slice cheese; starting from the narrow end, roll each cutlet jelly-roll fashion. Secure with toothpicks.
2. In small mixing bowl combine 1 tablespoon mustard and the honey; spread half of the mixture evenly over each chicken roll.
3. On sheet of wax paper arrange bread crumbs; turn chicken rolls in bread crumbs, coating all sides and using all of the bread crumbs. Arrange chicken rolls on nonstick baking sheet and drizzle each with 1 teaspoon oil. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. While chicken is baking prepare sauce. In small saucepan combine broth and flour, stirring to dissolve flour. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream and remaining mustard; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes longer (do not boil).
5. To serve, remove toothpicks and cut each chicken roll crosswise into 4 equal slices. Onto each of 2 serving plates pour half of the sauce and top with 4 chicken roll slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 926 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59.1%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.2 mg34.1%
Sodium 2177.3 mg90.7%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 51 g102.5%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet