French Orange Butter Cake
|Sweet butter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Cake and pastry flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in orange rind and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into batter alternating with milk; mix well.
4. Pour into a buttered and floured 10-inch (25-cm) tube pan. Bake in oven for 1 hour, or until golden brown.
5. While cake is in oven, in a small saucepan heat together sugar, orange juice and butter.
6. Remove cake from oven. Pour sauce over cake while still hot. Cool cake on wire rack before removing from pan.