French Orange Butter Cake
|Sweet butter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Cake and pastry flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in orange rind and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into batter alternating with milk; mix well.
4. Pour into a buttered and floured 10-inch (25-cm) tube pan. Bake in oven for 1 hour, or until golden brown.
5. While cake is in oven, in a small saucepan heat together sugar, orange juice and butter.
6. Remove cake from oven. Pour sauce over cake while still hot. Cool cake on wire rack before removing from pan.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6974 Calories from Fat 4182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 474 g729.8%
Saturated Fat 288.3 g1441.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2235.5 mg745.2%
Sodium 2147.5 mg89.5%
Total Carbohydrates 630 g210.1%
Dietary Fiber 38.1 g152.2%
Sugars 351.5 g
Protein 89 g177.6%
Vitamin A 303.5% Vitamin C 136.9%
Calcium 185.1% Iron 38.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet