Gratin De Courgettes Au Riz
2 large onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 lbs small zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch (1-cm) slices
1 bay leaf
3 tbsp cooked wild rice
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large skillet heat oil. Add onions and garlic; saute about 10 minutes until soft but not brown.
3. Add zucchini and bay leaf. Cook over medium heat about 25 minutes, until tender. Set aside and cool.
4. Add cooked rice, egg, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, salt and pepper to the zucchini mixture in skillet.
5. Put in a lightly buttered 8x12-inch (20x30-cm) baking dish.
6. Sprinkle top of casserole with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake 20 minutes, then raise heat to 400°F (200°C) and bake 8 minutes more, until golden.