Cheese Souffle With Evaporated Milk
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||13 Fluid Ounce (1 Can)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
1. Tie a waxed paper collar around an ungreased 2-quart glass souffle dish. Set aside.
2. Mix flour, dry mustard, salt and paprika in a 1-quart glass measuring cup. Add Tabasco and then evaporated milk gradually, stirring until smooth.
3. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 3 to 4 minutes at HIGH, or until sauce thickens; stir after 2 minutes, then every 30 seconds. Add cheese and stir until melted. Set aside.
4. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until stiff, not dry, peaks form.
5. Beat egg yolks in a medium bowl until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add cheese sauce to egg yolks until thoroughly blended. Carefully fold sauce into beaten egg whites.
6. Turn mixture into prepared souffle dish.
7. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 15 to 18 minutes at SIMMER, or until set at edges; rotate dish one-quarter turn twice. Cook uncovered 10 to 15 minutes at DEFROST, or until top is no longer moist; rotate dish one-quarter turn every 5 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1955 Calories from Fat 1167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g202.2%
Saturated Fat 67 g335%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1580.3 mg526.8%
Sodium 3812.2 mg158.8%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 41.1 g
Protein 123 g246.8%
Vitamin A 102.1% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 277.1% Iron 44.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet