Chocolate French Toast
|Chocolate milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||To Taste (If You Like)|
|Canned cherry pie filling/Strawberry / raspberry syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs), canned (If You Like)|
1. Crack the eggs into the mixing bowl. Beat with the eggbeater or fork till the yolks and whites are mixed. Add the chocolate-flavored milk. Beat till well mixed. Pour the egg mixture into the pie plate.
2. Put half of the margarine or butter in the skillet. Put the skillet on a burner. Turn the burner to medium-high heat.
3. Dip one slice of the bread into the egg mixture. Turn the bread over to coat the other side. Put the coated bread in the skillet. Repeat with another slice of bread.
4. Cook till the bottoms are brown. To see if the bottoms are brown, lift the bread with the pancake turner and peek underneath. Turn the bread over with the pancake turner. Cook till the other side is brown. Remove the bread from the skillet with the pancake turner.
5. Put the remaining margarine or butter in the skillet. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 with the remaining bread and egg mixture. Turn off the burner. Remove the skillet from the burner. Sprinkle French toast with powdered sugar and top with cherry pie filling or syrup, if you like.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 140 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 0.77 g0.26%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.3% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet