Black Forest Log
|Chocolate butter cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter||90 Gram, softened|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|For black forest filling|
|Canned pitted black cherries||425 Gram, drained|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate||100 Gram|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare cake mix as directed on packet using the eggs, butter and water.
2. Pour half the batter into a gourmet loaf dish, . cook on HIGH three to four minutes or until just cooked. Stand five minutes, turn out on to wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter. When logs have cooled, sprinkle with a little Kirsch.
3. Puree cherries in blender or processor, stir into cream. Spread over log. Transfer to serving plate.
4. Icing. Place chocolate, cream and icing sugar in bowl, cook on HIGH one to two minutes, stiring occasionally. Drizzle over the logs.
5. Decorate with whipped cream, cherries and curls of chocolate if desired.