French Crunch Peach Pie
|Pastry||1 (For Single Crust Pie)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned peach slices||45 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 29 Ounce And 1 Can, 16 Ounce)|
|Finely crushed vanilla wafers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Vanilla ice cream/Cheddar cheese triangles||1 Pint|
1. Roll out pastry.
2. Line a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
4. Flute edge; do not prick pastry.
5. Bake in 450° oven for 5 minutes.
6. In mixing bowl beat eggs and lemon juice till blended; stir in sugar.
7. Fold in drained peaches.
8. Turn peach mixture into the partially baked pastry shell.
9. Stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, almonds, and butter or margarine; sprinkle over peach mixture.
10. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil.
11. Bake in 375° oven for 20 minutes.
12. Remove foil; bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or till filling is set in center.
13. Cool on rack before serving.
14. Cover; chill to store.