Hot French Onion Soup
|Onions||4 Large, chopped fine|
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1. Melt butter in a thick saucepan, fry onions till golden brown.
2. Add stock and cook for at least 1/2 an hour on simmer.
3. In a little butter stir in the flour, add the soup and cook till slightly thick.
4. To serve add 3/4 of the grated cheese equally in six soup bowls.
5. Add piping hot soup, sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1028 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.5%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.6 mg24.2%
Sodium 2691.5 mg112.1%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43.1%
Dietary Fiber 21.6 g86.5%
Sugars 53.2 g
Protein 59 g117.1%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 156.3%
Calcium 66.8% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet