French Cherry Dessert
|Corn flakes/1/2 cup corn flakes crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectionery sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved and drained|
1. If using Corn Flakes, crush into fine crumbs.
2. Combine confectioners sugar, the 1/2 cup flour and Corn Flake Crumbs in mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse corn meal. With tablespoon press into bottom of 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350° F.) about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Sift together the 1/4 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Beat eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in sifted dry ingredients. Fold in nuts, coconut and cherries. Spread over baked crust.
6. Bake in slow oven (325° F.) about 45 minutes or until done. Cool. To serve cut into squares and top with whipped topping or ice cream.