Iced Passion Fruit Souffles
|Passion fruit/Null||8 (Ripe Ones)|
|Lemon juice/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Eggs/Null||2 , separated (Null)|
|Sugar/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
|Whipping cream/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped (Null)|
|Pistachio nuts/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Null)|
1. Tie double bands of foil around the outside of 6 small freezerproof ramekins, to stand 2.5 cm (1 inch) above the rims.
2. Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop the pulp into a sieve over a bowl. Press through the sieve to extract as much juice as possible; discard the seeds. Stir in the lemon juice.
3. Place the egg yolks and half of the sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until thick and mousse-like.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the remaining sugar. Fold into the egg yolk mixture with the passion fruit juice and the cream.
5. Spoon into the prepared ramekins, place on a baking sheet and open freeze for about 3 hours, until firm.