Classic Chicken Fricassee
|Ready to cook roasting chicken||3 Pound (1.4 Kilogram)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, peeled and thinly sliced (225 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Plain flour||45 Milliliter (3 Level Tablespoon)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Canned chickpeas||15 Ounce (425 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Place the chicken breast side down in a 2.3 litre (4 pint) microwave dish and spread it with the butter. Next, sprinkle it with pepper.
2. Cover the chicken loosely with greaseproof paper and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes per 450 g (1 lb); leave it to stand for 15 minutes.
3. Cut all the flesh off the bone and divide it into pieces. Reserve the skin and bones for stock, if wished.
4. Place the carrots in a casserole dish with the oil. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
5. Stir in the flour, followed by the stock, the seasonings and the coriander leaves. Add the chicken and the drained chick-peas, stirring well to mix.
6. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes, then stir well. Re-cover and microwave on HIGH for a further 4 minutes.
7. Leave the chicken to stand for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning, garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3439 Calories from Fat 1390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240.3%
Saturated Fat 56 g279.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.2 mg22.7%
Sodium 6280.5 mg261.7%
Total Carbohydrates 351 g117.1%
Dietary Fiber 59.2 g236.6%
Sugars 36.9 g
Protein 164 g328.1%
Vitamin A 854.8% Vitamin C 77%
Calcium 27% Iron 45.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet