Microwave Ratatouille With Basil
|Aubergines||2 , sliced|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Onions||2 , skinned and sliced|
|Courgettes||2 , sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Small, seeded and sliced|
|Tomatoes||4 , skinned, quartered and seeded|
|Chopped fresh basil/1/2 level teaspoon dried basil||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Fresh basil sprig||4 (For Garnish)|
|Garlic bread||1 (For Serving)|
1. Put the aubergine slices into a colander or sieve and sprinkle them with salt. Leave them to stand for 30 minutes, then rinse and drain the slices well on absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Put the oil and onions into a 2.8 litre (5 pint) ovenproof glass bowl. Cover them with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften.
3. Add the remaining vegetables, mint and garlic to the onions and mix well. Three-quarters cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 20-22 minutes until the vegetables are very soft, stirring two or three times during the cooking time.
4. Season the ratatouille well with salt and pepper. Allow it to cool, then cover it and refrigerate it for 3-4 hours, or overnight, until well chilled.
5. Serve the ratatouille in individual bowls, garnished with sprigs of basil, with hot garlic bread.