Chicken With Apples And Brie
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||4 Large, skinned and pounded thin|
|Granny smith apples||2 Large, peeled, cored and sliced thin (Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers)|
|Brie cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sliced thin|
|Corn flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a shallow bowl, beat egg with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
3. Spread chicken breasts on a flat surface and fill with sliced apples and Brie. Wrap up the ends and then the sides of the chicken to form bundles. Secure with the toothpicks
4. Crumb the chicken bundles by dipping each one into the beaten egg, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl.
5. Coat both sides with crushed cornflakes by rolling and pressing down lightly so that they stick to the surface of the chicken and form an even layer.
6. Arrange the chicken on the baking sheets.
7. Bake in hot oven for 25 to 30 minutes, turning them once, until chicken is tender and corn flake crust is golden brown and crispy.
8. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before removing the tooth picks and serving.
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 318.1 mg106%
Sodium 654.5 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 38 g76.8%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 14% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet