St Clements Souffle
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Fine sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Grated Rind And Juice)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Grated Rind And Juice)|
|Gelatin envelope||1 , soaked in 3 tablespoons cold water (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Finely chopped almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Whipping cream||6 Tablespoon, whipped|
|Shredded lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. Tie a double band of foil around the outside of a 15 cm (6 inch) souffle dish, to stand 5 cm (2 inches) above rim.
2. Place the egg yolks, sugar, and orange and lemon rinds in a bowl. Heat the orange and lemon juice in a small pan until warm, then pour over the egg mixture. Whisk, using an electric mixer, until thick and mousse-like.
3. Heat the gelatine gently until dissolved, then add to the mixture with the cream, folding in carefully.
4. Whisk the egg whites until fairly stiff. Fold 1 tablespoon into the mixture to lighten, then fold in the rest.
5. Turn into the prepared souffle dish and chill for about 2 hours, until set.
6. Remove the foil carefully, using a hot knife if necessary. Press the chopped almonds around the side.