|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Maple extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2. Melt butter or margarine in small saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. Add flour and blend until smooth. Return to heat and cook for 1 minute.
3. Gradually blend in skim milk, stirring to keep mixture smooth; add sugar. Bring to boiling point, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
4. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg yolks in medium bowl until thick and lemon colored. Continue beating while adding hot milk mixture, a little at a time. Fold in maple and vanilla extracts and chopped almonds.
5. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites in another medium bowl until stiff. Using rubber spatula, gently fold egg whites, one third at a time, into egg yolk mixture.
6. Divide mixture among four 1 1/2-cup souffle dishes. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and brown on top.