Viennese Chocolate Souffle
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cake flour||10 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1⁄2 Ounce, grated (3 1/2 Squares)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar until very thick in the top of double boiler. Add the flour gradually, beating until smooth Gradually add the milk, continuing to beat until blended.
2. Place over rapidly boiling water. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from water; add the chocolat and stir until blended. Mix in vanilla extract. Set on wire rack allow to stand until mixture cools to lukewarm.
3. Meanwhile, butter a 2-quart souffle dish (straight-sidei casserole). Sprinkle lightly with sugar to coat bottom am sides. Make an aluminum foil collar for souffle dish .
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff, not dry, peaks are forme and immediately fold with the chocolate mixture. Gently tun into the collared souffle dish and immediately set in oven oi rack (placed so top of product will be about at center o oven).
5. Sprinkle powdered sugar and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1929 Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.3%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g108.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1155.7 mg385.2%
Sodium 661.9 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 301 g100.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.7%
Sugars 178 g
Protein 79 g158.4%
Vitamin A 35.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 76.3% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet